Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Sharjah Ports, Customs and Free Zones Authority Website (hereafter referred as “website”) is subject to the following terms and conditions, in addition to applicable laws and regulations in the United Arab Emirates. By accessing this Website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Website if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated here.
Conduct and Behavior
You may not access or use the Website for any purpose other than that for which we make the Website available. As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Use of the Website for the purpose of committing a crime or encouraging others to engage in any conduct that would lead to committing a crime or involves civil liability.
- Publishing or posting of any unlawful content that includes discrimination, defamation, libel, slander, obscene material, pornographic material, or any other unlawful topic.
- Use of the Website to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use of the Website to upload any material containing software virus, Trojans, or any other codes, files, or software that may alter, destroy, or stop the functions of this Website, devices, or software belonging to any other person who may access this Website;
- Uploading, entering, emailing, or copying of any material you are not entitled to send under any law or contractual relationship;
- Alteration, destruction, or deletion of any content posted on this Website;
- Disruption or impedance of normal communication channels in any way possible;
- Claiming of a relationship with or representation of any company, association, or organization without being authorized to do the same.
- Posting or sending of any advertisements, unwanted marketing material, or any other form of promotion;
- Posting of any materials which violate or interfere with the Intellectual Property Rights of others;
- Collection or storage of the personal information of others
Third-Party Websites and Content
- The Website may contain links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
- Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content
- Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern.
- You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site.
Some sections of this Website are only available to logged users and/or allow users to request support or services online by entering personal information. You hereby agree that any information provided to use such sections is complete and accurate, that you will not log in or attempt to access this Website using the login information of another person, and that you will not adopt a user name which Sharjah Ports, Customs and Free Zones Authority (hereafter referred as “Ports”) may deem inappropriate.
Termination of Access to the Website
Ports shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend your access to or use of this Website without any prior notice or warning, for any reason whatsoever, including the violation of the terms and conditions or any conduct or behavior which Ports believes to be, in its sole discretion, unlawful or harmful to others.
Ports reserves the right to monitor any content you enter. However, it is not obligated to do so. Although Ports cannot monitor everything entered on this Website, we reserve the right (without obligation) to delete, remove, or edit any material entered that violates these terms and conditions. The laws of Sharjah, UAE protect the contents of this Website. You agree to be bound by copyright notices that appear on this Website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sharjah Ports Authority and all of its employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, including attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You shall cooperate fully in the defense of any such claim in accordance with the rules and regulations of Ports. The latter reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Ports.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances whatsoever, will Ports be liable for any accidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages that may arise as a result of your use or inability to use this Website, including but not limited to the loss of income or expected profits, loss of reputation, loss of business, loss of data, computer malfunction, or any other damages.
Unless otherwise stated, all Intellectual Property Rights (including trademarks and copyrights) found on this Website are either owned, controlled, or licensed Ports. As such, the act of consolidation and arrangement of all content on this Website is the sole property of Ports and is protected by copyright laws. Ports retains all Intellectual Property Rights in all materials on this Website. The names, trademarks, and logos found on this Website and in the materials therein are owned and licensed for Ports, unless otherwise stated. The use of these trademarks is prohibited without permission from Ports.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Ports reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of use of this Website from time to time.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us via contact us